The experiment follows the wine production stages, applying practices similar to the ancient methods. More specifically, it consists of:
• Collection of grapes
• Pressing the grapes into a winepress – wooden or concrete (modern). Alternatively a portable winepress is to be constructed with a pattern corresponding to the ancient one.
• Collection of grape must
• Winemaking (vinification) , including aging for a certain period of time in barrels, should it be deemed necessary by the winemaker
The experiment will be supplemented with:
* Video recording of the various stages of wine production in the local unit (estate) in the region and in real conditions, involving local residents
* Video recording of the various stages of the wine production experiment
* Interviews with local producers or indigenous inhabitants
The team members and students of the institution are involved in the experiment.